If you’re a nonprofit producing videos on a regular basis and you’re not already utilizing the YouTube Nonprofit Program…it’s time you start. The program is currently only available for nonprofit in the United States and United Kingdom and does have specific requirements (learn about the program here).
If your organization successfully applies for the Nonprofit Program and is accepted, your organization can take advantage of features like:
* Premium branding capabilities and increased uploading capacity
* The option to drive fundraising through a Google Checkout “Donate” button
* Listing on the Nonprofit channels and the Nonprofit videos pages
* Ability to add a Call-to-action overlay on your videos to drive campaigns using the overlay advertising feature
* Posting a video opportunity on the YouTube Video Volunteers platform to find a skilled YouTube user to create a video for your cause.
But the biggest addition to the YouTube Nonprofit Program came this fall. Organizations can now link to external sites from the annotation features. Not quite sure what this means? Check out this blog from See3 Communication on “How to Use New YouTube Annotations for Nonprofits.”
Did your organization successfully apply for the YouTube Nonprofit program? How was the experience? Any tips to share with other nonprofits hoping to apply?